Bhutan tour tariff is set fixed by the government and applies on per person per day basis.
Government tariffs for 2015/2016:
During Season (March, April, May, September, October, November)
- 1 Pax - USD 290/night.
- 2 Pax - USD 280/night.
- 3 Pax & above - USD 250/Pax/night.
During Off-season ( January, Februry, June, July, August, December)
- 1 Pax - USD 240/night.
- 2 Pax - USD 230/night.
- 3 Pax & above - USD 200/Pax/night.
Single Room Supplement:
Person willing to take a single room will additionally pay USD 50 per night.
- The tariff is valid for hotel tours as well as camping.
- During festive season, some hotels do have some surcharges.
All rates and discounts are set by the government of Bhutan and they are as follows:
- There are discounts available for visits in duration of more than 10 days. The discount is 10% per day per person for visits of 11 to 20 days. The discount is not applied to the first 10 days but is applied to days 11 through 20. The discount is 20% per day per person for visits of more than 20 days. The discount is applied to day 21 and onward.
- There will be no charge for children aged 5 and younger.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 will be given a 50% discount when accompanied by an adult/guardian.
- Full-time students under the age of 25 will be given a 25% discount if they have a valid identity card from their academic institut
The cost includes:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- 3 meals a day.
- English speaking Tour Guide.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a private vehicle.
- Necessary entrance fees and permits.
- Government Royalties.
The Cost does not include:
- International and internal airfares.
- Airport taxes.
- Drinks, tip and other expenses of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events.
Unless you are employed in Bhutan or you have close relative employed in Bhutan or you are a Royal invitee, all foreigners except Indians must process their Bhutan visa through a tour operator. Book a trip with us and supply us your passport information, occupation and home address details and leave the rest to our expert to prosess further. Bhutan visa arrangement is a part of the tour.
You must bear a valid passport. Expiration date should not be less than 6 months on the date of travel and make sure that there are enough blank pages for the entry and exit stamps. Visa is applied at Department of Tourism at Thimpu and has to be approved by Foreign Ministry. The latter issues a clearance number which is required while checking in Druk Air flights. The Bhutan Department of Tourism has made it mandatory to produce the voucher of wire transfer of your trip payment along with the visa application.