Gratis visa is available for tourists of SAARC member countries and People's Republic of China.
Gratis visa is available upon arrival for all tourists who visit Nepal for 3 days or less or a repeater who has spent at least 15 days during his first visit within the same visa year.
Visa Fee at Arrival Points:
- 15 Days- US$ 25
- 30 Days- US$ 40
- 90 Days- US$ 100
If applicant wishes to obtain visa on arrival, two pp sized photographs should be presented.
Indians do not require visa to visit Nepal. However, they require being in possession of any one of the following documents while traveling between the two countries.
- Valid national passport.
- Photo identity card issued by the government of India/any State Government or Union.
- Territory/Administration in India/Identity Cards issued by the Election Commission of India. (Except Tatkal - Identity Cards issued by the Ministry of Railways).
- Children between 10-18 years age group are allowed to travel by air on the strength of a passport or photo identity card issued by the principal of their school or college.
- Emergency Certificate issued by Embassy of India, Kathmandu to Indian nationals in case of emergent conditions.
- Children up to the age of 10 years will not require the aforementioned documents for traveling between India and Nepal by air.
For further information please refer:
Department of Immigration, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu.
For immigration rules and VISA APPLICATION forms please refer to: http://www.immi.gov.np/rule.php