Tsurpu to Yangpachen and Dorjeling Nunnery Trekking 9 Days / 8 Nights
Trip Code: HAT85
Hotels in the ciites and camping during trekking.
April to October
Best Time For Travel:
Trip Over View
Day 01: Flight to Lhasa.
Day 02-03: At Lhasa.
Day 04: Morning drive to Tsurpu Monastery (4480m , 70km ).
Day 05: Begin the trek.
Day 06: Trek to Bartso.
Day 07: Trek to Dorje Ling Nunnery (4 hrs, 15km).
Day 08: Trek to Yangpachen Monastery (5 hrs, 14km).
Day 09: Depart Lhasa.
Day 01: Flight to Lhasa
Meet our local representative upon arrival at Lhasa airport and then transfer to the hotel. Today, we take a rest for acclimatization. Accommodation in Dhod Gu Hotel.
Day 02-03: At Lhasa
Spend two full days in Lhasa visiting its highlights: Potala Palace, Jorkhang Temple, Barkhor street, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery and Norbulinka. Accommodation in Dhod Gu Hotel.
Day 04: Morning drive to Tsurpu Monastery (4480m , 70km )
Drive to Tsurpu Monastery, the seat of the Karmapa branch of the Kagyupa order of Tibetan Bhuddhism. The Karmapas are also known as the Black Hats. Overnight at Guest house or camping in Tsurpu.
Day 05: Begin the trek
Today, we hike a distance of 11km in 4 hrs and camp in the county of Leten.
Day 06: Trek to Bartso
Approx. 3 hrs trekking north from Leten to Lasar La (5270m / 17,300ft), the highest point of this trek. En route, we will view the Damchen Nyingtri, which is holy to the god ruling the environs as per Tibetan tradition. Today, we will cover 15 km in 6 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Dorje Ling Nunnery (4 hrs, 15km)
Trek north-west to Dorje Ling Nunnery, en route view the great Nyenchen Tanglha, the 7111m mountain that gives its name to the range. It is the holiest mountain in central Tibet and is said to be inhabited by a god of same name. Total walking 4 hrs, 15 km.
Day 08: Trek to Yangpachen Monastery (5 hrs, 14km)
Trek north-west for approx. 1 hour to reach Yangpachen valley. Arrive at the monastery in another 15 minutes. The monastery was home to 115 monks but many of them have fled to Rumtek Monastery in Sikkim. Same day, drive back to Lhasa. Accommodation at Dhod Gu Hotel.
Day 09: Depart Lhasa
Depart Lhasa for your next destination.
- Mid range hotel in Lhasa, guesthouse in Namtso Lake and rest of the places, there will be tented camping.
- Daily breakfast in Lhasa and full board during trekking.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a 4WD jeep and support truck for gears and supplies.
- All camping gears that include sleeping tents, dinning tents, kitchen tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows etc.
- Service of English speaking tour guide, cook, driver and necessary helps.
- Pack-animals to carry luggage, gears and supplies.
- Tibet entry permits.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Lunch and dinner during hotel stays.
- Drinks, tip and other expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone etc.
- Airfares in and out of Lhasa.
- Airport taxes.
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events.
- Travel insurance.